Home > News & Tips > Knowledge > Permission to Temporarily Import Crewless Aerial Vehicle (Drone)

Permission to Temporarily Import Crewless Aerial Vehicle (Drone)

November 22, 2022 | 465 views

Organizing international MICE activities, e.g., shows, events, or exhibitions, may require drones as part of the work. Organizers must first apply for permission to import drones from the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC). The details in applying for the license are as follows:

Agency: Office of the Broadcasting Commission National Television and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) 87 Phaholyothin Road, Soi Phaholyothin 8, Samsen Nai Subdistrict, Phayathai District, Bangkok 10400 Tel: 0 2670 8888, Call Center: 1200 Website: https://www.nbtc.go.th


  • Submit an application for permission in accordance with the form prescribed by the NBTC. The applicant must clearly specify the type of permission in an application.
  • The import permit is valid for 180 days from the date of issuance.
  • The importer must apply for a license 15 days before the use date.
  • The importer must notify the Board of the deadline for taking the radio out of the Kingdom. When the expiration time has elapsed, he shall apply for a radiocommunication export license and bring it out of the Kingdom as soon as possible.


  1. Submit a permission request form and the necessary documents via email: bsradio@nbtc.go.th or by registered mail.
  2. If the documents are complete and the equipment is according to the standards, the applicant will be authorized and notified to pay the fees online (PAY-IN system, Mobile Banking, or Internet Banking).
  3. In case of incomplete documents, the applicant will be prompted to submit additional documents within 15 days.
  4. If the application is not approved, the applicant will be notified in writing within ten days.
  5. If all documents are complete and correct, the Automatic License approval system will grant the permission within 15 days of receiving the request.
  6. A copy of the license will be sent via email, and the original permit will be sent by post to the address specified by the applicant. Or, the applicant can get a license at the NBTC office.

For details, please go to https://miceoss.tceb.or.th/logistics-goods/key-industries/digital/ Select “Product Inspection and License Application” > Related Agency > Application for Permission to Import Crewless Aerial Vehicles (Drone).

Was this article helpful?